Wednesday, June 20, 2007

P4E.028 Horse Sense 6 (the last)

"He was going to make a mistake and then he corrected himself..."
Clinton Anderson about the horse he is training

Clinton Anderson defines horse counter conditioning as "The horse trains himself not to do the thing you don't want him to do." Casting us men in the role of horse again, I see the correlation with some Scripture in this idea.

In Romans 7:15, Paul says, "For that which I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." Later, Paul acknowledges that he needs help and asks for it and thanks God for providing it.

I'm looking at the idea that I must change, I must correct myself (as in fleeing immorality, following the 10 commandments, abandoning Un-Christlikeness, etc...) When I change my thinking I CAN be victorious in Christ even and ESPECIALLY when I am ALONE. I will be tempted. It's in that moment of temptation that I have the opportunity to say to myself, "I'm going to make a mistake, I need to correct myself..." It can be done! God help me.

Your ally in the pursuit of Christlikeness, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment