Thursday, April 17, 2008

P4E.067 The Good Man

(6th in a series on predator patterning)

"The good man out of the treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil man out of his treasure produces evil; for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Why do you call me 'LORD, LORD,' and not do what I tell you?" Luke 6:45-46 (Revised Standard Version)

A reminder at this point in the series. I began with this:

"I'm starting to believe that an important part of what Christ is looking for in me (since I am His and He is mine) is behavior modification. A more spiritually natural, non-violent approach to my relationships with my wife, my children and others around me. Changing the way I think, act and talk. A part of behavior modification is recognizing the patterns in my life that cause areas of concern and interrupting them. It's called 'pattern interruption.' Am I a rat in a maze whose pattern never alters until the rat dies? God help me, I hope not."

The point of highlighting predator patterning has been to identify it and pinpoint where we might interrupt that destructive patterning.

If you did the little experiment that I suggested in the last post and found that you do any of those facial expressions, sounds or gestures AND agree with me that they exhibit destructive predator patterning, then let's talk.

I know it is difficult for me to acknowledge, but the facial expressions, sounds and gestures that I make reveal what's in my heart. If what is in my heart is dark and melancholy and Eeyorish, then my body language, facial expressions, sounds, words and gestures are going to mirror dark, melancholy and Eeyorish.
If I frown, lean forward, hunch my shoulders, bare my teeth, squint my eyes and make a growling sound then....you get the idea.

The fact is that very, very few people actually put into effect major life changes. Can we challenge ourselves to become one of the few?

More to follow... Peace, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment