Wednesday, June 2, 2010

P4E.153 The Best Safety Device is a Careful Man - Part 14

Construction Site Sign

A safe man is careful with: His thought life!

You may wonder what I mean when I say "I reject the world's values and embrace God's." I've been studying my own values and wondering the same thing. I'm asking myself: "Which do I value more?"

Being served or serving?
Fame or obscurity?
Power or meekness?
Wealth or poverty?
Words or actions or attitudes?
Aggression or passivity?
Beauty or homeliness?
The famous or the obscure?
Knowing all the "right" people or having no "connections?"
Control or powerlessness?
Self-sufficiency or dependence?
Rebellion or conformity?
The tangible (seen) or the intangible (unseen)?
Being held in "high esteem" or being mocked?
Male or female?
An air of superiority or humility?
Strength or weakness?
Violence or harmlessness?
Faithfulness or adultery?
Myself or others?

You see I could go on, but without even trying my natural value
system aligns with the world's and not with God's. He puts it this way:

"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways."

This is an internal struggle, one of the mind and the heart. I'm
beginning to make conscious decisions to overthrow my natural values
and replace them with Godly ones in preparation for eternity.

Scripture says,
"Do not love the world, nor the things of the world.
If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him...
The world is passing away...
but the one who does the will of God abides forever."


Peace, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment