Tuesday, May 25, 2010

P4E. 150 The Best Safety Device is a Careful Man - Part 11

Construction Site Sign

A safe man is careful with: His thought life.

After reading my self-imposed rules you might ask yourself: "Does Kim ever break his own rules?" The answer is an emphatic "YES, I DO!"

But, I stay focused on this thought: This is not about being "perfect." It's about the sincerity of my pursuit of Christlikeness. I'm trying to shorten the time between when I realize that I've blown it and when I make it right. When I say "make it right," I mean: I acknowledge I've blown it, I admit that I was wrong, I ask for forgiveness and promise to make every effort not to let it happen again. This can't be done with any shred of pride. This can't be faked. It can't be insincere. My thought life must align with my words and actions. Otherwise, I'm a hypocrite and a poser. I'm determined not to be. Care to join me in that quest?

I also want to take a moment to reiterate that many of these ideas are not my own. Many are prompted by Ken Nair, author and founder of a ministry called Life Partners in Phoenix, Arizona. Ken's book, Discovering the Mind of a Woman, (Don't laugh, that really is the title. We'll talk about why you laughed some other time) was life changing for me (and my wife, Gwen). I know that Ken would deflect all praise to God and His Word and that's what makes him and Life Partners so appreciated.

Be Careful, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment